Unique! Ultra Low Weight Flexible Stainless Steel, ALL Metallic ( Quad Metal) PED-Lithium Battery Fire Containment Extinguisher System that addresses in-flight on board Aviation Safety Hazard along with concerns of Weight related to Fuel Burn & daily Operational Costs with a Quick Return on Investment in a Cost Effective Minimum Maintenance Solution to enable Larger Deployments per Aircraft.
For use in-flight on board all Commercial Passenger Aircraft, Business Jets, General Aviation Aircraft , Helicopters, Research Aircraft, Air Ambulance, Cargo Aircraft Flight Decks & Light Aircraft.
To Contain and Extinguish PED Battery Fires related to Laptops, Mobile/Smart phones, Electronic Flight Bags, EBooks/ Tablet PCs, E-Cigarettes & Vaping Devices, Digital Cameras, Video Cameras, Dictaphones, MP3 Players, LED Flash Lights, Power Tool Battery/Spare Packs, GPS Receivers, Test Instruments, Thermal Imagers, Nebulizers, Bio- Medical Systems, etc.
Safe Approach- Direct Entrap- Contain & Extinguish -rapid deployment operation
- Especially designed as an inflight Lithium Ion Battery PED Fire Extinguisher and Containment System.
- Large enough to enclose various sized PED, 17 inch Laptop, Electronic Flight Bag, Ebook, Cabin Crew EPads, Aircraft ELTS/PLB, Large Digital Camera with Telephoto Lens, Professional Video Camera, Mobile Smart Phone, MP3 Players, GPS, Nebulizer, Bio Medical Systems, Test Instuments, Thermal Imagers, various sized Spare Li Ion Battery packs, Hand Tool Power Packs, Electronic Cigarette/Vaping devices, etc.
- Easy to use Safe Approach, Direct Entrap or Kickin, rapid deployment/Containment Extinguish operation. Elimination of time delay in transfer devices, pickup or scoops, burns/ injuries due to leakage of transfer devices. A PED on fire thrown to the floor/aisle of the aircraft, being a natural response of a passenger/user can be kicked into the Aero PED FireConEx which has a very thin profile and has one interior surface obstruction free to allow for smooth PED slide in.
- Unique Ultra Low weight Flexible Stainless Steel and ALL METALLIC, QUAD METAL (Stainless Steel, Nickel, Copper, Silver), MULTILAYER , Kevlar-Panox & Kapton Reinforced Construction enables a cost effective solution with very light weight and toughness to Approach, Entrap, Contain, Suppress and Extinguish the most rigorous challenges of a Li Ion PED Battery fire. High Temperature Insulating Handles to safely relocate the Entrapped PED.
- Flexible Stainless Steel interior for toughness to withstand 1510 0C (2750 0F) and High Temperature Corrosive Molten Lithium Metal Flames while simultaneously Conducting Heat Away from PED Fire Source and also prevents Flame Burn thru from the corrosive flaming metallic liquid
- Nickel Inter-metal Bonding Layer with Thermal conductivity and bonding between.
- High Thermal Conductivity of Copper quickly conducts the extracted the Heat to the final external Silver layer.
- High Purity 99 % Aero Space tech Silver exterior rapidly Dissipates the extracted Heat design with a large surface area & together with a high thermal mass of all layers to effectively minimize & arrest subsequent Thermal Runway in adjacent cells of PED Lithium battery.
- Prevent secondary PED burn thru, especially essential to prevent continued burning of newer light weight Laptops with Magnesium alloy chassis powered by Lithium Ion batteries .
- High Thermal Mass for Quick Absorption of Heat with Large Thermal Dissipation Surface Area enables Rapid Heat Extraction which stops Li Ion Battery Thermal Runaway. All Metal Construction extracts Heat from single point fire source over on all areas and distributes over a large area and hence requires less quantities Extinguishing/Wetting Agent.
- All Metallic construction Supports FAA-SAFO directives: ” WARNING: Do not use fire resistant burn bags to isolate burning lithium-type batteries.”
- Built in disintegrating Modules of “Cold Fire” Halon Alternative EPA approved (SNAP) Wetting Agent, recommended by the FAA tested for Class D Li Ion Batt Fire. suppresion media. “Cold Fire” also neutralizes flammability of un-ignited Fuel Gas ejected by Li Ion Battery & absorbs & Hydro Carbon Smoke.
- Creased Kink Metal Fold of the Flexible All Metal construction cools high pressure hot gas in contact with the metal surface which have to pass a thin opening ( venturi effect) are further blocked by High Temperature Silicon Gaskets which contains Smoke within the unit.
- High Temp Gloves Preox-Aramide Fabric Aluminized are low weight and compliant to EN388:3543 & EN407:443444
- Ultra Low Weight enables Low Fuel Burn related to weight addresses Daily Operational Costs. The All Important Math for Airline CEO’s and Flight Operations Managers, Pilots and Load Masters alike, to work out the major bottom line on Investment and Operational Costs and Fuel Burn relation to Weight of the unit being carried onboard on every flight and larger deployments of units per aircraft. Cost Effective Low Maintenance Design to enable Larger Deployment per Aircraft with simple monthy inspection by regularly approved Airline Fire Safety Inspectors keeps maintenance costs low , besides have no need for periodic calibration of indicators or Batteries to be changed.
- Avoids expensive emergency turnaround/landing, flight Prevents interior repairs & A.O.G. situation. Protects aircraft asset. Minimize Ecological damage.
- Aero PED FireConEx truly & cost effectively helps make every type of Aircraft PED Friendly and Safe of exploding PED batteries.
Specifications: Aero PED FireConEX- APFX-7B3A
Unit Design- ULTRA LOW WEIGHT, FLEXIBLE Stainless Steel and ALL METALLIC, QUAD METAL (Stainless Steel, Nickel, Copper, Silver), MULTILAYER , Kevlar-Panox, Kapton Reinforced Construction.
Extinguishing Media Holders- Self Disintegrating Modules 2 units containing “COLD FIRE”, 150 mL ( 5 oz) x 2 nos each total 300 mL. ( 10 oz)
Extinguisher Agent- Aqueous, Non Toxic, Non -Corrosive, Ecologically safe Plant derived “COLD FIRE” Halon 1211, 1301, Alternative EPA approved (SNAP) for replacement of HALON, FAA recommended Agent, tested for Class D Li Ion Batt Fire. complies with UL 711, UL 162 and NFPA 18 Requirements and able to penetrate a heated surface over that of water .
PED/Laptop Containment Chamber Maximum Enclosed Volume- 1780 cu in/29.16 Litres
PED/Laptop Containment Chamber Internal Dimensions- W-18.5 in/470 mm x D-13.8 in/350 mm x H-7 in/178 mm
Laptop Maximum Encasement Size- Including and Upto 17 inches Display Size
Thermal Dissipation Surface Area-556,626 mm2/ /864 sq in
Carryon Case- Kydex
Mounting- Velcro, installed as a Carry On on board. Hard Mount certification required -optional
Dimensions -Deployed Unit- L- 609 mm/24 in x W- 457mm/18 in x D- min 6 mm/ 0.25 in , max 35 mm/ 1.37 in
Dimensions -Stowed in Kydex Case – L- 487 mm/19 in x W- 457mm/18 in x D- min 60 mm/ 2 in
Weight Only AeroPED FireConEx- 790 grams/ 1.74 Lbs ( 150mL Module) or 940 grams/ 2 Lbs ( 300mL Module)
Weight AeroPED FireConEx, incl Gloves and Kydex Hard Case- 2.39 Kgs/ 5. 2 Lbs ( 150mL Module) or 2.24 Kgs/ 4.93 Lbs ( 300mL Module)
487 mm (19″)
60 mm (2″)
457 mm/18 in
Aero PED FireConEx in Kydex Case & Velcro Mount
Aero PED FireConEx Deployed
This unit is for deployment and use ONLY by Flight Crew/Personell trained and conversant with Aviation Fire Control & Safety procedures.